Saturday 2 February 2013

January favourites


It's that time of the month again when all of the obligatory favorites videos and blog posts start making their appearance. Since I am recently back on the blogging bandwagon (and thoroughly enjoying it) I thought why not give my two pennies worth on what's been rocking my world in the dreary month of January.

Superdrug Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser I have always been a huge fan of Liz Earle's coveted  hot cloth cleanser but not having time to nip to John Lewis to pick my go-to cleanser up encouraged me to try this bargain. Like the Liz Earle version, you massage this on to dry skin and lightly exfoliate off with the muslin cloth and I have to say boy does it do a good job for £5.99! Not only does this smell lovely (like holidays), although it may not be one for those with sensitive skin, but just like my Liz  Earle it takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and moisturised.

Organic Surge Lavender Foaming Bath I purchased this after watching Ruth from A Model Recommends' How to Hibernate video and I have to say it lived up to her hype. Poured under running water, it produced thick, creamy bubbles which stuck around for me to read a couple of chapters of my book and finish a large glass of wine. Whether it is a placebo effect or not I do find this fragrance relaxing and this has already made it on to my repurchase list.

Soap and Glory Clean on Me body wash A beauty lover's favourite, need I say more? If you haven't tried this, you need to.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in Boy I bought this in the Covent Garden pop-up Chanel store as a little birthday present to myself and it hasn't left my makeup bag since. This is the perfect everyday lipstick; a pink, shiny, creamy 'your-lips-but-better' must-have. Also, let's be honest, there is nothing better than whipping out a Chanel lipstick in the loos.

L'Oreal Kids conditioner in So Strawberry I know this is for kids but this has sorted out my very knotty barnet like no conditioner for adults ever has and it smells amazing! I am really enjoying using this and I think the shampoo may even make it into my basket soon. If you have very knotty hair this is for you.

What have you been loving in the month of January? What's your favourite everyday lipstick? Comment below or follow me on twitter @MaddieChilds1.

Maddie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment